Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 9:14 am

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Today at 9:09 am

» FOREIGN NEWS
by ruwan326 Today at 8:30 am

» CROSSINGS TODAY
by ruwan326 Today at 8:24 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Today at 8:22 am

» JINS - BFN DELAS 100% SURE මතකද . ජනශක්ති GENERAL සමාගම වික්ක හැටි - එක පාරටම
by ruwan326 Today at 8:21 am

» BFN ගනු දෙනුව වෙනවා ..
by ruwan326 Today at 8:10 am

» රැවටෙන්න එපා ..විකුන්නන එපා ..ණයට ගන්න එපා .BFN - JINS එකතු කරන්නා හෙට දිනනනවා
by sanjulanka Today at 8:09 am

» News Behind CTCE.N0000 Running?
by crs Yesterday at 6:08 pm

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:36 am

» NDB declared ‘Bank of the Year’ by The Banker, UK
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 8:41 am

» NDB wins Banking Sector National Business Excellence Award 2018
by MarketWch Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:33 pm

» Market will RISE expecting a MR Led new government
by samaritan Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 am

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week
by ruwan326 Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 am

» No worries about BFN Deal .i
by ruwan326 Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 am

» Dealing by directors
by ruwan326 Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:55 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP from next MONDAY
by aklt Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 am

» ඔරියන්ට් ෆ්යිනැන්ස් -විකිනීම ස්තිරයි - අද ද අයිලන්ඩ් පුවත් පත බලන්න 2020 වෙනකම් පුලුවන් නම් තියා ගන්න - අදහා ගන්න බැරි ආදායමක් ලබන්න
by ruwan326 Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:33 am

» @RANFERDI, YAhapalan, In which list are you? Puravesi Lithro List, or Kiriella List or other list
by ranferdi Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:06 am

» #PM Crisis#
by ranferdi Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:05 am

» Stocks don’t go up and stay up because of stories, tips, or people’s opinions
by ruwan326 Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am

» FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IMPAIRMENT COST
by Yahapalanaya Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 pm

» MONTH PEACE & HAPPINESS
by Ryan Hudson Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

» JINS NO DEAL YET - BFN IS ON AND POSITIVE -CHECK THE COMPNAY ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY - NO NOTHING ABOUT BFN
by kalu351 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 pm

» Will ALHP be eliminated from the CSE?
by wisdom79 Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:41 pm

» Is TKYO.N0000 a Sleeping Giant
by aklt Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 pm

» FINALY – BFN – TAKE OVER NEWS IS OUT OFFICIALY -DONT SELL BELOW 20 TRY TO BUY AT CURRENT 15-17 LEVELS
by Equity Suda Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by ruwan326 Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:39 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED

MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

1 MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 am

Maharaja

Manager - Equity Analytics
First topic message reminder :

I guarantee you a big market fall. 
Exit Immediately !!!
Buyers - wait till 2020

Maharaja

161 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:42 pm

DS Wijesinghe

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Another Tax On Banks

That notorious Super Gains Tax which the current govt imposed on major companies in Sri Lanka through it's 1st Budget presentation in January 2015, soon after coming in to power was the starting point of decline in CSE under the current govt. The next day after this budget, the CSE went down. From then to-date it is tax after tax

Sri Lanka to charge 7-pct tax from Banks on added value

ECONOMYNEXT  - Sri Lanka has proposed to charge 7 percent value added style-tax from banks and finance companies, in changes proposed to the Finance Act as a so-called Debt Repayment Levy. 

The proposed tax will be calculated  "applying the attributable method" referred in the value added tax act 14 of 2002, the bill said.

It is not clear whether customers who take loans can recover the tax, through their value added tax payments.

Banks already pay a non-recoverable value added tax which falls mostly on salaries. 

If the 'Debt Repayment Levy' is not recoverable as part of the standard value added tax regime by borrowers, the administration would have added yet another tax to the already complex system and would be going against a promise given to reduce the overall number of taxes and broadbase a few and boost compliance in bid to put the country on a faster growth path.
Including the tax in the existing VAT regime is would be consistent with the policy of base-broadening.

Banks are considered easy targets for tax, but the overall effect is to push up nominal interest costs. 

The proposed changes to the law also allows for discretion to make exceptions, which critics say can lead to corruption.

"The Ministry may, having regard to the economic development of the country by Order published in the Gazette, exempt any transaction of a financial institution specified in such Order, from the payment of the Levy payable under this Part, subject to such condition as may be specified in such Order.

162 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Maharaja

Now people will see what Maharaja predicted many months ago !!

Maharaja

163 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:23 pm

ruwan326

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Maharaja wrote:Now people will see what Maharaja predicted many months ago !!

Maharaja
I thought you started investing@ Negambo Fish market ?????
Come back after 2020 as you said to others............
We will collect @ lowest and sell you back in 2020 Wink Wink Wink

164 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 am

samaritan

@Maharaja wrote:Now people will see what Maharaja predicted many months ago !!

Maharaja
True Maharaja.

PM says that Turkish, Iranian economic crises may affest SL. But he should realize that the country's biggest scam 'the Bond scam' had already affected SL.

The people should curse the architect behind the 'Bond Scam'.

According to MTV 'Bond Scam 2' has still not been investigated and hence the losses have not been quantified yet.

Economy is screwed up left, right & center.

165 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:00 am

samaritan

A few individuals merely by inserting few posts cannot influence the market sentiment & direction. If that happens, then they are superhuman. Isn't it?

Now we can see posts by a certain individual like goat shit dropped every where in the forum page. The individual is so frustrated that all those have not yielded the desired results and in the height of his frustration has resorted to using obscene language. He should understand the investors are well informed in today's world that they do not make investment decisions solely based on what is said via forum postings.

If reality hurts, nothing can be done. Let's resolve to face it. GL

166 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:18 am

samaritan

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Market behaviour during recent times;

Turnover 20 Million ASI up by 8 points

Turnover reaches 200 Million ASI down by 18 points.

167 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm

DS Wijesinghe

@Maharaja wrote:
@Eugine Fernando wrote:
@Maharaja wrote:
@Maharaja wrote:I believe my technical analysis. 6077 will test. 

When everybody including asha phillips said 6200 support said I told No, it will break. 
Likewise 6077 will test for sure.

Maharaja
Though I don't like your comments, I salutes to your predictions. So tell us now what next. drunken drunken

Thankyou Mr.Fernando. Today ASI reached my support level. Tomorrow we can see how the 6077 support reacts.

What is next ?
I expect a technical bounce tomorrow. But only a short term bounce. Not a market turnaround. Market is in extreme BEAR market category. ASI direction is 100% downwards. 
SO there will only be short term trading opportunities when market moves sideways for 100-150 points. 

Can ASI break 6077 tomorrow ?
Yes, it can break if selling pressure applied. Bad news is still real selling did not begin. Japanese,Korean,Middle-east & European funds didn't even think to exit the counters. So I expect a technical bounce only due to oversold levels in S&P counters.

When to BUY ?

In this kind of extreme BEAR market I cannot recommend to buy. If we analyse the market, nothing is positive. Earlier company earning were good but now if you analyse financial reports, earnings keep dropping. Main sectors - Banking NPLs higher, Int.expenses higher. Construction sector - SME construction companies closing, No FDIs to start new projects. So in next couple of years company earnings will fall further with interest rates crossing sky high levels.

Politics and CSE ?

As I see, we all must follow a wait and see approach till 2020.
Till 2020 there will be no political change. This government will continue till 2020. 

Who will come to power in 2020 ?

The presidential candidate from Pohottu party will surely win the contest without doubts.

Will CSE rise in 2020 ?

I am doubtful. As soon as Pohottu party wins, the European trade bans will be put. Fish ban will come into effect. Human rights cases against SL will begin once again. So conditions will be worse for the country and CSE after election.
But political stability will be there in the country. New investments will begin to flow.
So there will be mixed effects which we will see. It is too early to predict about about these political effects.

When to enter this bear market ?

After presidential election in 2020 we have to see if the new Pohottu government will actually do a change to the economy. If they are able to bring proper growth to country then CSE will grow.
If they also eat the economy CSE will fall.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

Till then we have to follow a wait and see approach.

What is next support level ?

6000 is the psychological support level. Not a technical support level. 
If 6077 breaks, next is 6020-6023 area support. 
And after 6020-6023, it is down to 5800 support. This is really a strong support. I don't think market needs to test this level soon. May be this month end/ next month it is possible but not this week.

Happy trading,
Maharaja

Ruwan if you really believe that the market is going up, best is to do an analysis by you and convince the forum members why you say so with facts and figures or with logical reasonings. 

To be fair by Maharaja so far his predictions on CSE directions are almost accurate. Also he has done the above analysis to substantiate his predictions

Just merely putting postings  saying that market will rise and slandering/ridiculing Maharaja who is making the prediction won't make the market move up.

168 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:24 am

Yahapalanaya

Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Maharaja wrote:
@Eugine Fernando wrote:
@Maharaja wrote:
@Maharaja wrote:I believe my technical analysis. 6077 will test. 

When everybody including asha phillips said 6200 support said I told No, it will break. 
Likewise 6077 will test for sure.

Maharaja
Though I don't like your comments, I salutes to your predictions. So tell us now what next. drunken drunken

Thankyou Mr.Fernando. Today ASI reached my support level. Tomorrow we can see how the 6077 support reacts.

What is next ?
I expect a technical bounce tomorrow. But only a short term bounce. Not a market turnaround. Market is in extreme BEAR market category. ASI direction is 100% downwards. 
SO there will only be short term trading opportunities when market moves sideways for 100-150 points. 

Can ASI break 6077 tomorrow ?
Yes, it can break if selling pressure applied. Bad news is still real selling did not begin. Japanese,Korean,Middle-east & European funds didn't even think to exit the counters. So I expect a technical bounce only due to oversold levels in S&P counters.

When to BUY ?

In this kind of extreme BEAR market I cannot recommend to buy. If we analyse the market, nothing is positive. Earlier company earning were good but now if you analyse financial reports, earnings keep dropping. Main sectors - Banking NPLs higher, Int.expenses higher. Construction sector - SME construction companies closing, No FDIs to start new projects. So in next couple of years company earnings will fall further with interest rates crossing sky high levels.

Politics and CSE ?

As I see, we all must follow a wait and see approach till 2020.
Till 2020 there will be no political change. This government will continue till 2020. 

Who will come to power in 2020 ?

The presidential candidate from Pohottu party will surely win the contest without doubts.

Will CSE rise in 2020 ?

I am doubtful. As soon as Pohottu party wins, the European trade bans will be put. Fish ban will come into effect. Human rights cases against SL will begin once again. So conditions will be worse for the country and CSE after election.
But political stability will be there in the country. New investments will begin to flow.
So there will be mixed effects which we will see. It is too early to predict about about these political effects.

When to enter this bear market ?

After presidential election in 2020 we have to see if the new Pohottu government will actually do a change to the economy. If they are able to bring proper growth to country then CSE will grow.
If they also eat the economy CSE will fall.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

Till then we have to follow a wait and see approach.

What is next support level ?

6000 is the psychological support level. Not a technical support level. 
If 6077 breaks, next is 6020-6023 area support. 
And after 6020-6023, it is down to 5800 support. This is really a strong support. I don't think market needs to test this level soon. May be this month end/ next month it is possible but not this week.

Happy trading,
Maharaja

Ruwan if you really believe that the market is going up, best is to do an analysis by you and convince the forum members why you say so with facts and figures or with logical reasonings. 

To be fair by Maharaja so far his predictions on CSE directions are almost accurate. Also he has done the above analysis to substantiate his predictions

Just merely putting postings  saying that market will rise and slandering/ridiculing Maharaja who is making the prediction won't make the market move up.
Maharaja is day dreaming.Presidential election is not hambantota village council.Pohottuwa to win Presidential election,it should get 100% sinhalese vote.That mean UNP 0% Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .Maharaja thinks Pohotuwa would get JVP,TNA,Muslim votes...UNP would easily form government in 2020.So business friendly policies would be implemented and CSE BULL,BULL,BULL....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

169 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 am

samaritan

Quote Yahapalanaya:
UNP would easily form government in 2020.So business friendly policies would be implemented and CSE BULL,BULL,BULL.......   

Unquote:
The country has witnessed the business friendly policies of the UNP for the past three and half years.
A change is inevitable whether you like it or not. Its only a matter of time and the fate of United National Plunderers is confirmed. You are day & night dreaming!

170 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:10 pm

ranferdi

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:Quote Yahapalanaya:
UNP would easily form government in 2020.So business friendly policies would be implemented and CSE BULL,BULL,BULL.......   

Unquote:
The country has witnessed the business friendly policies of the UNP for the past three and half years.
A change is inevitable whether you like it or not. Its only a matter of time and the fate of United National Plunderers is confirmed. You are day & night dreaming!

When the government was taken on 2015 the economy was in stalemate and the load of debt repayments are unbearable from 2015 to 2021, The people may suffer and blame UNP but the situation is similar when we save a blind man from falling from 10ft pit and guide him thorough a different route but he falls onto 1 ft pit and blames.. because he is blind and he doesn't know that he was saved from falling to a 10 ft pit. Most of the country men are blind and blaming the ones who saves them..

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

171 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:45 pm

samaritan

@ranferdi wrote:

Unquote:

When the government was taken on 2015 the economy was in stalemate and the load of debt repayments are unbearable from 2015 to 2021, The people may suffer and blame UNP but the situation is similar when we save a blind man from falling from 10ft pit and guide him thorough a different route but he falls onto 1 ft pit and blames.. because he is blind and he doesn't know that he was saved from falling to a 10 ft pit. Most of the country men are blind and blaming the ones who saves them..
The blind man saved from falling into 10ft pit was subsequently trampled by an elephant carrying an heavy weight from Singapore under the guidance of a coat & tie wearing mahout. Blind man is dead now, perhaps had he fallen in the pit he would have survived with injuries.

172 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Miss-Sangeetha

Another keyboard warier Chinwi is missing in action from last 8th February 2018 after the local government election.

173 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 pm

DS Wijesinghe

@ranferdi wrote:

Unquote:

Dear Ranferdi

It is now almost 3 years since you said that the new govt can't make instant noodles when the Colombo Stock Market recorded a massive collapse on 24th August 2015, the first Monday of UNP Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe's fourth government. 

You assured the members of this forum that CSE and economy would be better in the hands of this govt compared to previous govt. Now you say a different story with a pathetic non related story telling whilst the forum members who believed your views and invested in the 2015 market, would have lost most of their money by now

174 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Maharaja

ASI will come to 5800 support just like Maharaja told many months ago.

Maharaja

175 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:48 pm

DS Wijesinghe

@Maharaja wrote:ASI will come to 5800 support just like Maharaja told many months ago.

Maharaja

CSE may go down to levels predicted by Maharaja. Many stop investing in stocks when market goes down. It is understandable when you watch the thousands of rupees you have invested come down rapidly.

Some insights that could be helpful to forum members in different situations, especially for those who have additional cash, buying and holding power as a long term investor; 

1. If you want to be a successful investor you must have the courage to cling on to valuable stocks in your portfolio in a declining market like this. 

2. A bear stock market or a crash during an economic down turn of a country, often are excellent opportunities to Buy great companies at super cheap heavily discounted prices, companies which you are sure will survive the country's economic struggle and bounce back even stronger after the economy is turned around. Their weak competitors will perhaps not survive in a struggling macro economy

3. Don't wait for the whole market to come down to Buy stocks. Focus on finding wonderful individual companies with solid fundamentals and Buy them super cheap without waiting for the whole market to crash

176 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:49 am

ruwan326

@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Maharaja wrote:ASI will come to 5800 support just like Maharaja told many months ago.

Maharaja

CSE may go down to levels predicted by Maharaja. Many stop investing in stocks when market goes down. It is understandable when you watch the thousands of rupees you have invested come down rapidly.

Some insights that could be helpful to forum members in different situations, especially for those who have additional cash, buying and holding power as a long term investor; 

1. If you want to be a successful investor you must have the courage to cling on to valuable stocks in your portfolio in a declining market like this. 

2. A bear stock market or a crash during an economic down turn of a country, often are excellent opportunities to Buy great companies at super cheap heavily discounted prices, companies which you are sure will survive the country's economic struggle and bounce back even stronger after the economy is turned around. Their weak competitors will perhaps not survive in a struggling macro economy

3. Don't wait for the whole market to come down to Buy stocks. Focus on finding wonderful individual companies with solid fundamentals and Buy them super cheap without waiting for the whole market to crash
Good one DS Very Happy , I like your 3points,though you are a traditional/horoscope reading-fortunetelling believer  Wink 

177 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:31 am

DS Wijesinghe

Get lost Ruwan. 

Though you say Maharaja and Wisdom 79 are mentally sick it is clear you are the mentally sick misfortune teller. So far all your predictions have gone wrong which proves that you are the Sumanadasa, the misfortune teller in this Forum  

You are in this forum putting all sorts of posts on average 7-8 a day to protect the poor image of your government and UNP+Maithree.

Your interest is not in making your fellow forum members to invest wisely and become wealthy, but you encourage them to invest blindly in a dangerous market thinking that it will help the market go up and save your Ranil & Maithree

You don't care whether our forum members loose their money or not but only interested to salvage the desperate performances of your political parties in government

178 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 am

ruwan326

@DS Wijesinghe wrote:Get lost Ruwan. 

Though you say Maharaja and Wisdom 79 are mentally sick it is clear you are the mentally sick misfortune teller. So far all your predictions have gone wrong which proves that you are the Sumanadasa, the misfortune teller in this Forum  

You are in this forum putting all sorts of posts on average 7-8 a day to protect the poor image of your government and UNP+Maithree.

Your interest is not in making your fellow forum members to invest wisely and become wealthy, but you encourage them to invest blindly in a dangerous market thinking that it will help the market go up and save your Ranil & Maithree

You don't care whether our forum members loose their money or not but only interested to salvage the desperate performances of your political parties in government
When you point one finger @ me three pointed @ you DS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

So everything you said here is coming back to you X3 times Twisted Evil 

I do not support any political party and you people are the one making political shit here in this forum.

Join  Maharaja and invest in Negambo fish market till 2020 and come back after 2020 lol!

179 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:01 pm

DS Wijesinghe

@DS Wijesinghe wrote:

Many stop investing in stocks when market goes down. It is understandable when you watch the thousands of rupees you have invested come down rapidly.

What I mean by extra cash is explained from below examples

Example 1 :- Assume Your investment Portfolio is Rs. 1 Million, with Rs. 750,000/- (75%) in FD+Savings and Rs. 250,000/- (25%) in stocks. 

You could convert another 25% (Rs. 250,000/-) to stocks if there are great companies to buy at super bargain prices (When I say super bargain price, it is not buying JKH@140/- or Buying COM@120/-. A super bargain price is buying at least @ 60% of the net asset value. Hunt and watch out for such stocks in the market) 

Example 2 :- Investment Portfolio is Rs. 1 Million, with Rs. 750,000/- (75%) in Stocks and Rs. 250,000/- (25%) in FD+Savings

You don't have additional cash to put in to the Stock Market as already you have invested 75% there. It would be too risky if you do so.

Benjamin Graham says always maintain a maximum of 75% of your investment portfolio in stocks and not beyond that point to safeguard your financials

180 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 pm

DS Wijesinghe

@ruwan326 wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:Get lost Ruwan. 

When you point one finger @ me three pointed @ you DS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

So everything you said here is coming back to you X3 times Twisted Evil 

I do not support any political party and you people are the one making political shit here in this forum.

Join  Maharaja and invest in Negambo fish market till 2020 and come back after 2020 lol!
Get lost and allow forum members here to invest wisely rather than misleading them

Whilst we have many in this forum who identify themselves openly as UNP or Maithree or Mahinda supporters you are a coward with no backbone or guts to admit the political party you are openly and  indirectly promoting in this forum, which is UNP+Maithree

181 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 am

samaritan

We are coming towards the last quarter of 2018 with CSE remaining sluggish and the country being crowned as a "DEBT HUB". The PC elections and the Presidential elections are due to be held in 2019. It is likely that uncertainty would prevail throughout 2019 owing to the elections as like in the past. In my opinion it will have a negative impact on the CSE.

Voters rejected the former regime on the grounds that it was bad. Now the people have begun to feel that the bad is good after going through the worse. It goes according to the saying:

"BAD IS NEVER GOOD UNTIL WORSE HAPPENS"

Now that the worse had happened, How will the CSE react? 
Overall it is a clearly established fact that Tom & Jerry's rule has been a curse to CSE and of course to the whole country.

182 Bad vs Worse on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:06 am

ruwan326

@samaritan wrote:We are coming towards the last quarter of 2018 with CSE remaining sluggish and the country being crowned as a "DEBT HUB". The PC elections and the Presidential elections are due to be held in 2019. It is likely that uncertainty would prevail throughout 2019 owing to the elections as like in the past. In my opinion it will have a negative impact on the CSE.

Voters rejected the former regime on the grounds that it was bad. Now the people have begun to feel that the bad is good after going through the worse. It goes according to the saying:

"BAD IS NEVER GOOD UNTIL WORSE HAPPENS"

Now that the worse had happened, How will the CSE react? 
Overall it is a clearly established fact that Tom & Jerry's rule has been a curse to CSE and of course to the whole country.
Share market scandal erupts in Sri Lanka-Saturday, 15 September 2012

World Socialist Web Site: A scandal over the manipulation of shares on the Colombo Stock Exchange has erupted in recent weeks, after former Sri Lankan Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Thilak Karunaratne accused Government ministers of acting in league with speculators.

Karunaratne was pressured by President Mahinda Rajapaksa to quit his position, just nine months after his appointment. The apparent reason for his ouster was that the SEC had commenced investigations into 17 companies accused of abusing the share market.

After his resignation, Karunaratne told the media of “daylight robbery” by a “stock market mafia” closely connected to Government leaders, including Rajapaksa.

Karunaratne is a politician as well as a businessman. He was a founding leader of the Sinhala chauvinist Jathika Hela Urumaya (JHU), then joined the right-wing United National Party (UNP). Just before the presidential election in January 2010, he switched to Rajapaksa’s Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP).

The SEC is the “regulating authority” appointed by the president to oversee the Colombo stock market. Rajapaksa has used his powers to install chairpersons loyal to the Government. Karunaratne’s predecessor Indrani Sugathadasa, who resigned in similar circumstances, is the wife of the President’s Secretary, Lalith Weeratunga.

The latest scandal has provided a glimpse into the operations of a parasitic layer of financial speculators who have been nurtured by the Rajapaksa Government since the end of the country’s longstanding civil war. After the defeat of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) in May 2009, the Colombo all share price index soared — from 1,631 points in 2008 to 7,800 points in February 2011.

Rajapaksa pointed to the rocketing share prices as proof of his Government’s economic success. The financial press hailed “one of the best performing share markets in the world,” but the “success,” amid the global financial crisis, was built on rampant speculation.

In early 2011, the bubble burst and the index is currently hovering around 5,000 points. Foreign investors have been withdrawing funds and Colombo is rated as one of the world’s “worst performing” markets.

Karunaratne admitted that speculation had been a major factor in the share price rises. “The major contribution came from people who used unfair means in pumping up the market, which made it reach extreme high levels,” he told the media.

The former SEC Chairman has not named the 17 companies that he placed under investigation. But he hinted at their identities by citing cases where prices had dramatically risen between the end of 2009 and end of 2010. Over that year, the share prices of Dankotuwa Porcelain, Blue Diamonds, Asian Alliance Insurance, Lanka Hospitals and HVA Foods stock increased by 226, 270, 177, 204 and 394 per cent respectively.

A Sunday Times editorial last weekend, entitled ‘Jackals and mafia of crooks,’ commented: “It is common tattle that many of the 17 ‘suspects’ are closely linked to the ruling elite. This linkage extends to the level of financing the political campaigns of the rulers, and even more, acting for them as front men.”

In a scheme known as “pumping and dumping,” major dealers encouraged investors to put money into particular shares, promising huge returns. When the share price reached a certain level, the dealers sold out, making staggering profits, and prices fell sharply. Small share holders, who had in many cases invested their savings and pensions, were hit with heavy losses.

The Central Bank encouraged this speculative frenzy by releasing money from the Employees Provident Fund (EPF), the country’s biggest pension fund, to purchase shares, including in ailing companies such as Galadari Hotels, Laugfs Gas, Piramal Glass Ceylon, Ceylon Grain Elevators and Browns. The release of EPF cash for private sector investment was a longstanding demand of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

The results have been disastrous. For example, the EPF purchased 23.7 million shares in the loss-making Galadari Hotels at a price of 32.50 rupees a share in 2010 from Nawaloka Hospitals. By July 2012, the share price had plummeted to 11 rupees, resulting in a loss of 500 million rupees for the EPF. Overall, the EPF had lost about 6 billion rupees by the middle of this year.

The newly-appointed SEC Chairman, Nalaka Godahewa, is well connected to the Government as well. He was given the job despite heading the Colombo Lands and Development (CLD), which is also under a cloud for share manipulation.

The CLD had been a prominent Colombo real estate developer but was restructured into a joint venture with the Urban Development Authority (UDA). In 2010, the Government put the UDA, a civilian body, under the Defence Ministry, which is headed by Gotabaya Rajapakse, the President’s brother.

The UDA is central to the Government plans to develop Colombo as a major “commercial hub,” primarily through the eviction of some 70,000 shanty dwellers. The security forces have already forcibly removed hundreds of families.

One of those recently identified by the media as a member of the “stock market mafia” also has government connections. Dilith Jayaweera, head of Divasa Equity, recently admitted meeting with Gotabaya Rajapaksa to discuss share market affairs. Gotabaya Rajapaksa arranged for Jayaweera, who was known for demanding a free hand for share dealers, to meet with SEC Chairman Karunaratne.

The eruption of the share market scandal points to deep dissatisfaction among layers of the corporate elite with the Rajapaksa Government and its business cronies. The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce has expressed concern over Karunaratne’s resignation, warning that it would send the wrong signal to foreign investors.

These divisions in ruling circles have opened up amid the worsening global economic breakdown, which is impacting heavily on the Sri Lankan economy through declining exports and an emerging balance of payments crisis.

The scandal has revealed a parasitic layer of speculators and share price manipulators operating in collaboration with the government, which will inevitably attempt to pass the burden of the losses onto the working people.

http://www.ft.lk/article/109712/Share-market-scandal-erupts-in-Sri-Lanka

Last edited by ruwan326 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

183 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:09 am

sampath.anuradha

ශී‍්‍ර ලංකාවේ ආර්ථිකය ගැන ජාත්‍යන්තරයෙන් නරක අනාවැකියක්

පොලී අනුපාත ඉහළ යාමේ නරක ප‍්‍රවණතාවක් ඇති රටවල් අතර ශී‍්‍ර ලංකාවද සිටින බව මඞීස් ජාත්‍යන්තර අයෝජන සේවා සමීක්ෂණ ආයතනය පවසනවා. ඊට හේතුව ලෙස ඔවුන් පෙන්වා දී ඇත්තේ රටතුළ ඇති විදේශීය සංචිත ඉක්මවා ණය ආපසු ගෙවීමට සිදුව තිබීමයි. 
මේ අතර රුපියලේ අගය අවප‍්‍රමාණය වීමද ශී‍්‍ර ලංකාව මේවනවිට මුහුණ දී තිබෙන ප‍්‍රමුඛ ආර්ථික අභියෝගයක් ලෙස හඳුනාගෙන තිබෙනවා. රුපියලේ අගය රැක ගැනීම සඳහා විවිද කෙටි කාලීන උපක‍්‍රම ගනු ලැබ ඇතත් ඒවා අසාර්ථක වී තිබෙන බවයි නෙත් නිවුස් අද (25) දහවල් 12 ප‍්‍රවෘත්ති ප‍්‍රකාශයේදී කොළඹ විශ්ව විද්‍යාලයේ ආර්ථික විද්‍යාව පිළිබඳ මහාචාර්ය සිරිමල් අබේරත්න පෙන්වා දුන්නේ.
http://nethnews.lk

184 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:14 pm

samaritan

DELIMITATION REPORT FORWARDED BY THE GOVT DEFEATED BY THE GOVT. SUBJECT MINISTER TOO VOTES AGAINST. 

185 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:22 am

Yahapalanaya

@samaritan wrote:DELIMITATION REPORT FORWARDED BY THE GOVT DEFEATED BY THE GOVT. SUBJECT MINISTER TOO VOTES AGAINST. 

It shows how geniune government.It rejects independent comission report.Will it happen in previous goverment..

186 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:20 am

samaritan

@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:DELIMITATION REPORT FORWARDED BY THE GOVT DEFEATED BY THE GOVT. SUBJECT MINISTER TOO VOTES AGAINST. 

It shows how geniune government.It rejects independent comission report.Will it happen in previous goverment..
The rejection cost the nation 21.2Million.
You will know how genuine the Sri Lankan people are when they will independently reject this Govt at future elections.

187 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Maharaja

Simple example to explain next election result ;

1. ''Ranil & My3'' vs. Donkey = Donkey wins
2. ''Ranil & My3 & Chrandika'' vs. Donkey = Donkey wins
3. ''Ranil & My3 & Chrandika & Central bank robbers'' vs. Donkey = Donkey wins

So any opposition can beat the current government because economy is collapsing daily. And people will feel it when more companies close and jobs are lost. Today $ 163.30 !!
Bond market outflow record high because every foreign fund is selling SL bonds after they saw rulers robbing own country's central bank. People will pay for the robbery. More finance firms can go bankrupt, more taxes will come, we will pay higher interest rates even above 30% aer.

Now all we can do is wait and watch the sad recession our country faces in 2018/19.

Maharaja

188 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:10 pm

skyfall

Maharaja. Dont lie man.

189 සුමනදාස junior=Maharaja on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:28 pm

ruwan326

I have seen many crocks/blood suckers/manipulators etc in this forum, but never found such a pathetic coward like maharaja Mad Mad Mad Mad
This is not a political forum Maharaja.

190 We did not forgot past on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:30 pm

ruwan326

Share market scandal erupts in Sri Lanka-Saturday, 15 September 2012

World Socialist Web Site: A scandal over the manipulation of shares on the Colombo Stock Exchange has erupted in recent weeks, after former Sri Lankan Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Thilak Karunaratne accused Government ministers of acting in league with speculators.

Karunaratne was pressured by President Mahinda Rajapaksa to quit his position, just nine months after his appointment. The apparent reason for his ouster was that the SEC had commenced investigations into 17 companies accused of abusing the share market.

After his resignation, Karunaratne told the media of “daylight robbery” by a “stock market mafia” closely connected to Government leaders, including Rajapaksa.

Karunaratne is a politician as well as a businessman. He was a founding leader of the Sinhala chauvinist Jathika Hela Urumaya (JHU), then joined the right-wing United National Party (UNP). Just before the presidential election in January 2010, he switched to Rajapaksa’s Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP).

The SEC is the “regulating authority” appointed by the president to oversee the Colombo stock market. Rajapaksa has used his powers to install chairpersons loyal to the Government. Karunaratne’s predecessor Indrani Sugathadasa, who resigned in similar circumstances, is the wife of the President’s Secretary, Lalith Weeratunga.

The latest scandal has provided a glimpse into the operations of a parasitic layer of financial speculators who have been nurtured by the Rajapaksa Government since the end of the country’s longstanding civil war. After the defeat of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) in May 2009, the Colombo all share price index soared — from 1,631 points in 2008 to 7,800 points in February 2011.

Rajapaksa pointed to the rocketing share prices as proof of his Government’s economic success. The financial press hailed “one of the best performing share markets in the world,” but the “success,” amid the global financial crisis, was built on rampant speculation.

In early 2011, the bubble burst and the index is currently hovering around 5,000 points. Foreign investors have been withdrawing funds and Colombo is rated as one of the world’s “worst performing” markets.

Karunaratne admitted that speculation had been a major factor in the share price rises. “The major contribution came from people who used unfair means in pumping up the market, which made it reach extreme high levels,” he told the media.

The former SEC Chairman has not named the 17 companies that he placed under investigation. But he hinted at their identities by citing cases where prices had dramatically risen between the end of 2009 and end of 2010. Over that year, the share prices of Dankotuwa Porcelain, Blue Diamonds, Asian Alliance Insurance, Lanka Hospitals and HVA Foods stock increased by 226, 270, 177, 204 and 394 per cent respectively.

A Sunday Times editorial last weekend, entitled ‘Jackals and mafia of crooks,’ commented: “It is common tattle that many of the 17 ‘suspects’ are closely linked to the ruling elite. This linkage extends to the level of financing the political campaigns of the rulers, and even more, acting for them as front men.”

In a scheme known as “pumping and dumping,” major dealers encouraged investors to put money into particular shares, promising huge returns. When the share price reached a certain level, the dealers sold out, making staggering profits, and prices fell sharply. Small share holders, who had in many cases invested their savings and pensions, were hit with heavy losses.

The Central Bank encouraged this speculative frenzy by releasing money from the Employees Provident Fund (EPF), the country’s biggest pension fund, to purchase shares, including in ailing companies such as Galadari Hotels, Laugfs Gas, Piramal Glass Ceylon, Ceylon Grain Elevators and Browns. The release of EPF cash for private sector investment was a longstanding demand of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

The results have been disastrous. For example, the EPF purchased 23.7 million shares in the loss-making Galadari Hotels at a price of 32.50 rupees a share in 2010 from Nawaloka Hospitals. By July 2012, the share price had plummeted to 11 rupees, resulting in a loss of 500 million rupees for the EPF. Overall, the EPF had lost about 6 billion rupees by the middle of this year.

The newly-appointed SEC Chairman, Nalaka Godahewa, is well connected to the Government as well. He was given the job despite heading the Colombo Lands and Development (CLD), which is also under a cloud for share manipulation.

The CLD had been a prominent Colombo real estate developer but was restructured into a joint venture with the Urban Development Authority (UDA). In 2010, the Government put the UDA, a civilian body, under the Defence Ministry, which is headed by Gotabaya Rajapakse, the President’s brother.

The UDA is central to the Government plans to develop Colombo as a major “commercial hub,” primarily through the eviction of some 70,000 shanty dwellers. The security forces have already forcibly removed hundreds of families.

One of those recently identified by the media as a member of the “stock market mafia” also has government connections. Dilith Jayaweera, head of Divasa Equity, recently admitted meeting with Gotabaya Rajapaksa to discuss share market affairs. Gotabaya Rajapaksa arranged for Jayaweera, who was known for demanding a free hand for share dealers, to meet with SEC Chairman Karunaratne.

The eruption of the share market scandal points to deep dissatisfaction among layers of the corporate elite with the Rajapaksa Government and its business cronies. The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce has expressed concern over Karunaratne’s resignation, warning that it would send the wrong signal to foreign investors.

These divisions in ruling circles have opened up amid the worsening global economic breakdown, which is impacting heavily on the Sri Lankan economy through declining exports and an emerging balance of payments crisis.

The scandal has revealed a parasitic layer of speculators and share price manipulators operating in collaboration with the government, which will inevitably attempt to pass the burden of the losses onto the working people.

http://www.ft.lk/article/109712/Share-market-scandal-erupts-in-Sri-Lanka

191 163.30 dollar on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Maharaja

Sky fall,

Maharaja never lie
Below is Commercial bank rates today

192 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:58 am

skyfall

Can you please explain me why Indian rupee keeps falling against USD. Is that a reason of Ranil.
Also also explain how we gonna pay back massive loan which previous government took to build some white elephants and also unnecessary projects? 

You people are brain washed. Only a mythical king lives in your mind. That king has stolen billions but you people dontd care

193 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:21 am

ruwan326

@skyfall wrote:Can you please explain me why Indian rupee keeps falling against USD. Is that a reason of Ranil.
Also also explain how we gonna pay back massive loan which previous government took to build some white elephants and also unnecessary projects? 

You people are brain washed. Only a mythical king lives in your mind. That king has stolen billions but you people dontd care
I don't think Maharaja can answer these questions Wink 
He is a trained parrot and only say Market crash for any matter.....I bet If he got even loose motion he blame Ranil/M3 lol! lol! lol!

194 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 am

ruwan326

@Maharaja wrote:Sky fall,

Maharaja never lie
Below is Commercial bank rates today
Why COM bank Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  ??????
https://www.cbsl.gov.lk/en/rates-and-indicators/exchange-rates

195 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:56 am

samaritan

There are allegations that manipulations took place at the CSE under the former regime. As far as stock market manipulations and insider tradings are concerned, there are cases that can be cited even in countries like the USA & Australia. Raj Rajaratnam(USA), Former Bond Corp boss in Australia. If more search is done there are several cases that can be unearthed all around the world.

BUT

Can anyone cite a single case in any part of the world where a nation's Central Bank had been robbed with the connivance of the VIPs of the ruling Govt?????????

As i have stated earlier the scam can be compared to a massive earth quake (9+ on richter scale) in the country's financial system, the effects of which will be felt for long years to come. Sad plight!

196 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:58 am

Maharaja

90% of businesses borrow from banks, that is the currency cost we take for accounts. Not central bank nominal rates. Hope you understand.

I see skyfall and Ruwan taking me into political fights.
I will not comment on it again to waste time.
Only advise is if you are happy with current economy and situation please vote for government and bring them to power. Until that day let us talk about economy and cse only.

Maharaja

197 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 am

samaritan

@skyfall wrote:Can you please explain me why Indian rupee keeps falling against USD. Is that a reason of Ranil.

Indian Rupee has remained strong & steady for long years and may be faced with decline at the moment. But SLR has been sliding all the time.

198 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:28 am

Maharaja

Today LKR has gone further down thanks to good governance and proud central bank robbers.

CSE will have the worse time ahead.

Maharaja

199 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:00 am

samaritan

PARTNERS IN YAHAPALANAYA!

200 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:43 am

skyfall

@samaritan wrote:

Indian Rupee has remained strong & steady for long years and may be faced with decline at the moment. But SLR has been sliding all the time.

Here comes Maharaja part two. 

Pretty much all 3rd world countries currencies are sliding against USD to boost their exports. Our case is worse cause of this mammoth debt traps thanks to the king.

201 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am

samaritan

@skyfall wrote:
@samaritan wrote:

Here comes Maharaja part two. 

Pretty much all 3rd world countries currencies are sliding against USD to boost their exports. Our case is worse cause of this mammoth debt traps thanks to the king.
Here comes ruwan326 part two.

Leave alone the prevailing situ. SLR has been steadily sliding over past few years. Our case will always be worse owing to the massive bond scam lead by tie coat wearing thief and a bunch of rob bers. Thanks to the Goo Governance!

202 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:19 am

samaritan

Now the reasoning given is sliding SLR is to boost exports. This is a big joke! India's case it may be. But in our case the benefits would be minimal owing to value addition to exports are imported. Let's wait and see how the exports are going to get boosted.

The country's economy is screwed and share market will hit rock bottom next year.

203 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am

samaritan

@samaritan wrote:
SURVIVAL TECHNIQUE!
AT WHAT COST??????????????

204 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 am

ruwan326

@samaritan wrote:
බඩුත් හාමුදුරුවන්ගේ -නඩුත් හාමුදුරුවන්ගේ 

සමහරක් කශේරුකාවක් නොමැතිව අඳ බාල වදන් පවසමින් දේශපාලුවන්ගේ පශ්චාත් භාගය සිපගනිති............. ජනාධිපති/අගමැති මොකා උනත් ජනතාව හැමදාම ආණ්ඩුවේ බර ඇදිය යුතුය.ජනතාව ඉදිරියේ එක රඟපෑමකි ,නැති තැන මිත්‍රයෝය...වසර 5-6 සිට මා දේශපාලනය නමැති මඩ ගොඩට නොබසිමි.දේශපාලනයේ සැබෑ තත්වය අවබෝධ වේවා .... Forum එකේ දේශපාලනය නොකර මිරිස් ගහක් වත් වවාගත්තොත් නරකද 2020 එනකන් බලන් ඉන්න එකේ??????? .......

205 Re: MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:00 pm

skyfall

Hahaha Samaritan. Go and figure out the sliding of Indian rupee in last few years by yourself before open your genius mouth. 
+
King spent far too much money in non cash generating projects. Someone (all Srilankans except the elite) has pay it back. No surprise there to see the SL rupee sliding.

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum