Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» DOLLAR MOVING UP UP
by samaritan Today at 3:06 pm

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by samaritan Today at 2:49 pm

» Mahinda:Govt task is to manage Crises & not complain Trump strengthen US Economy
by DS Wijesinghe Today at 1:49 pm

» Ranil: It is natural for foreign investors to pull their money from SL and invest in US
by ruwan326 Today at 12:16 pm

» MTD WALKERS (KAPI.N) TO HIT 40 OR HIGHER
by DS Wijesinghe Today at 10:36 am

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by ruwan326 Today at 10:00 am

» ඇඹිලිපිටිය කඩදාසි කම්හල යළි අරඹන්න කොරියන් ස්පා රු. මිලියන 1,200 ක් ආයෝජනය කරයි
by ruwan326 Today at 8:44 am

» Bathbala Balaya...
by DS Wijesinghe Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:26 pm

» Are you happy now? ඔබට සතුටුයිද දැන් ?
by DS Wijesinghe Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:54 pm

» Central Bank will intervene if rupee moves on speculation – official
by Miss-Sangeetha Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:09 pm

» MAHINDA RAJAPAKSHA 'S FUTURISTIC LEADERSHIP PAYS RICH DIVIDENDS
by DS Wijesinghe Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:08 am

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 pm

» රජයට කෘත්‍රිමව රුපියල පාලනය කළ හැකිද?
by samaritan Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:50 pm

» Maharaja from Rajasthan
by ruwan326 Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:29 am

» Weekly Stock Market Roundup
by Insights Equity Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 pm

» MARKET CRASH - NOT GUARANTEED
by DS Wijesinghe Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:17 pm

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week 10 August 2018
by ruwan326 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 pm

» Daily Stock Market Update
by Insights Equity Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:11 pm

» ඩොලරය රු. 170 යි
by samaritan Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:44 pm

» WHY SRI LANKAN CAN NOT DO THIS
by Chanuque Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 am

» Time has come to reverse 70 years history
by ruwan326 Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:22 pm

» Gold climbs as dollar weakens on U.S.-China trade dispute
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm

» BLI Shares
by EGG Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:03 pm

» Banking shares Value picks for long term
by jayathu Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:32 pm

» UAL - Going down now?
by ruwan326 Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 pm

» Quality Management Systems
by lenny123 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:54 am

» ASI MAY GO DOWN TO 5950
by Ahcha Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 am

» Clarification on the Erroneous Report regarding Sri Lanka issued by Nomura Holdings Inc.
by ruwan326 Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am

» Invest on valuable metal
by Supunnawarathna Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:54 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Blue Chip Companies

Blue Chip Companies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
What are the top blue chip companies in the market?

2 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
In terms of which criterion you are referring into? Liquidity, dividend, profitability, price appreciation, etc? There are lot of areas for this question to look at.

3 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
In terms of long term profitability (say in 3 years)?. Good dividends is an added benefit.

4 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you

5 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

6 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

7 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy

8 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?

9 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
@glad wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.

10 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 pm

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:
@glad wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.
Ok, thanks. I thought you found something not good in them

11 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:39 am

Harry82

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

12 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@EquityChamp wrote:You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy
I already have HNB,COMB,RCL,TKYO.X, LLUB, CRL,AEL in my portfolio (not in big amounts though  Very Happy ) But i think CRL and AEL are not good in the long run. Specially, there are no big projects coming up in the construction sector. All the current projects were already finalized several years ago.  Thats just my view and your opinion is very much welcome. 
Also, I bought LLUB recently at 98/= Because it was at 52wk low and offer good dividends. Though the company profits declined last year hope they will get back in track soon. What are your ideas about that?

13 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:14 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@Harry82 wrote:In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle
Thanks a lot my dear friend. Right now i am stuck between DFCC and NDB. By seeing their records, NDB is better when consider about dividends i think. What is your opinion on that?

14 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.

15 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.
Feel both DFCC and NDB are 'on your marks' at the starting point for a dash but the starter's gun is blocked.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum