Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Ranil: It is natural for foreign investors to pull their money from SL and invest in US
by ruwan326 Today at 12:16 pm

» MTD WALKERS (KAPI.N) TO HIT 40 OR HIGHER
by DS Wijesinghe Today at 10:36 am

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by ruwan326 Today at 10:00 am

» ඇඹිලිපිටිය කඩදාසි කම්හල යළි අරඹන්න කොරියන් ස්පා රු. මිලියන 1,200 ක් ආයෝජනය කරයි
by ruwan326 Today at 8:44 am

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Kokoshka Yesterday at 4:18 pm

» Bathbala Balaya...
by DS Wijesinghe Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:26 pm

» Are you happy now? ඔබට සතුටුයිද දැන් ?
by DS Wijesinghe Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:54 pm

» Central Bank will intervene if rupee moves on speculation – official
by Miss-Sangeetha Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:09 pm

» MAHINDA RAJAPAKSHA 'S FUTURISTIC LEADERSHIP PAYS RICH DIVIDENDS
by DS Wijesinghe Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:08 am

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 pm

» රජයට කෘත්‍රිමව රුපියල පාලනය කළ හැකිද?
by samaritan Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:50 pm

» DOLLAR MOVING UP UP
by samaritan Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 am

» Maharaja from Rajasthan
by ruwan326 Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:29 am

» Weekly Stock Market Roundup
by Insights Equity Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 pm

» MARKET CRASH - NOT GUARANTEED
by DS Wijesinghe Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:17 pm

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week 10 August 2018
by ruwan326 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 pm

» Daily Stock Market Update
by Insights Equity Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:11 pm

» ඩොලරය රු. 170 යි
by samaritan Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:44 pm

» WHY SRI LANKAN CAN NOT DO THIS
by Chanuque Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 am

» Time has come to reverse 70 years history
by ruwan326 Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:22 pm

» Gold climbs as dollar weakens on U.S.-China trade dispute
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm

» BLI Shares
by EGG Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:03 pm

» Banking shares Value picks for long term
by jayathu Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:32 pm

» UAL - Going down now?
by ruwan326 Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 pm

» Quality Management Systems
by lenny123 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:54 am

» ASI MAY GO DOWN TO 5950
by Ahcha Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 am

» Clarification on the Erroneous Report regarding Sri Lanka issued by Nomura Holdings Inc.
by ruwan326 Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am

» Invest on valuable metal
by Supunnawarathna Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:54 pm

» Market going down today?
by ruwan326 Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Yhapalana Budget 2018

Yhapalana Budget 2018

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 am

dsam

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Why no one talk about good and bad of this budget ?Lets talk guys.

2 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:18 pm

kapifm

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Reducing tax for Electric Vehicles will be a good move

3 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:46 am

reader


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@kapifm wrote:Reducing tax for Electric Vehicles will be a good move
yes good move.. But the thing is they reduced the tax only for brand new vehicles. currently most popular electric car(leaf) not importing by the agent(AMW).yes....in future they will import it, but the problem is CIF value of a brand new vehicle is anyway higher than recondition one. Other important thing is they are adding nearly 1mil local charges(their expenses+their profit) for a vehicle when import from japan.Therefor ultimate take home price will be much higher ...  

4 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 am

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Fashion designer Mangala prepared better budget than those tuition master and double accountant.

*10000M for kandy highway
*17.5B for housing scheme
*Remove 1200 para tariff
*reduce 1M tax for electric cars
...................................
.........................................

Mangala did excellant job as foreign minister to get GSP+,bail the previous ruler from electric chair,etc

Clean hand without corrution charges.

Congrats Mangala

5 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 am

kovida

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@reader wrote:
@kapifm wrote:Reducing tax for Electric Vehicles will be a good move
yes good move.. But the thing is they reduced the tax only for brand new vehicles. currently most popular electric car(leaf) not importing by the agent(AMW).yes....in future they will import it, but the problem is CIF value of a brand new vehicle is anyway higher than recondition one. Other important thing is they are adding nearly 1mil local charges(their expenses+their profit) for a vehicle when import from japan.Therefor ultimate take home price will be much higher ... 
This has been changed and now second hand electric cars also  get the duty concession.

6 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Do we have the basic infrastructure to cater to a large influx of electric vehicles? There has to be sufficient number of charging stations through out the island.

Also, due to limitation on distance there will be time constraints like how long its going to take to recharge when on a long distance trip. These factors have to be taken into consideration and addressed by those who keep their bottoms on Land Cruisers free of duty.

The budget has paved the way for only politicians & goons to drive in luxury vehicles barring others by unrealistic increase in duty for even medium category luxury vehicles.

What more can you expect in a hub riddled with crisis & corruption!

7 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:29 am

kovida

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:Do we have the basic infrastructure to cater to a large influx of electric vehicles? There has to be sufficient number of charging stations through out the island.

Also, due to limitation on distance there will be time constraints like how long its going to take to recharge when on a long distance trip. These factors have to be taken into consideration and addressed by those who keep their bottoms on Land Cruisers free of duty.

The budget has paved the way for only politicians & goons to drive in luxury vehicles barring others by unrealistic increase in duty for even medium category luxury vehicles.

What more can you expect in a hub riddled with crisis & corruption!
When Hybrid was intrduced to SL market same tone was used . So many negative points were highlighted . Same theory is to be applied for SUV too. In time to come required infrastuture would be in place for electric vehicles too.

8 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm

prasa2004


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Most says Budget good but CSE is fearing the budget ghost.... heavy drop

9 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:29 pm

soileconomy

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:Fashion designer Mangala prepared better budget than those tuition master and double accountant.

*10000M for kandy highway
*17.5B for housing scheme
*Remove 1200 para tariff
*reduce 1M tax for electric cars
...................................
.........................................

Mangala did excellant job as foreign minister to get GSP+,bail the previous ruler from electric chair,etc

Clean hand without corrution charges.

Congrats Mangala
Fashion  designer ge budget 1ka Hondai ???

10 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@prasa2004 wrote:Most says Budget good but CSE is fearing the budget ghost.... heavy drop
Very soon Sri Lanka will be declared as the "SHARE MARKET HUB". Then you can witness a wild bull run.

11 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:Do we have the basic infrastructure to cater to a large influx of electric vehicles? There has to be sufficient number of charging stations through out the island.

Also, due to limitation on distance there will be time constraints like how long its going to take to recharge when on a long distance trip. These factors have to be taken into consideration and addressed by those who keep their bottoms on Land Cruisers free of duty.

The budget has paved the way for only politicians & goons to drive in luxury vehicles barring others by unrealistic increase in duty for even medium category luxury vehicles.

What more can you expect in a hub riddled with crisis & corruption!

@kovida wrote:
When Hybrid was intrduced to SL market same tone was used . So many negative points were highlighted . Same theory is to be applied for SUV too. In time to come required infrastuture would be in place for electric vehicles too.



Hybrids do self charging . For  Electrics you have to provide power from outside.  
In Sri Lanka electric power is generated by burning imported fuel. Hydropower is a limited supply.

If they  really think about this , they should allocate sufficient funds for things like solar charging and pave the way for effective use for electric cars.  

Mean time , we have to accept that our sky is halfway cloudy most of the times. Hence solar power is also not giving designed return.

Hence Hybrid vehicles are more effective at the moment.

12 Re: Yhapalana Budget 2018 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 pm

soileconomy

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
1 Mn tax reduction on electric cars -BRAND NEW CARS.prepared by Fashion designer...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum