Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» HVA - Game changer! High profits this quarter!!!!!
by Chinwi Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» JACKPOT for LDEV share holders
by anjelo Yesterday at 1:53 pm

» sfs any news
by max shanu Yesterday at 10:52 am

» Foreign Investment
by kang64 Yesterday at 6:00 am

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by kjojo Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:15 pm

» Meka Mahinda Rajapaksege Wadak
by Yahapalanaya Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:20 am

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:10 am

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by rasikagamage Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 pm

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC (KZOO.N0000)
by Namal Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:15 pm

» WATCHOUT CITRUS GROUP SHARES
by Eugine Fernando Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

» Jackpot For LDEV share holders
by bushra03 Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:07 pm

» LLMP -වාර්තාව හොඳ නැත
by max shanu Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by sanjulanka Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 pm

» MULL trade up possibilities
by Hewagak Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 pm

» GROUP LEASE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED vs COCR
by TARGET Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm

» Commercial Credit COCR and Group Lease Deal Pricing story
by kjojo Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 pm

» HEXP N.0000
by chathura Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

» CFT 7+...........today
by max shanu Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

» GRANN - Gonna fly
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am

» Any News on JINS???
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am

» Watch DFCC and NDB and guess which one is best
by Small Investor Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

» is KFP good to buy
by Fayaz_2017 Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:19 pm

» Plantation stocks
by anjelo Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:43 pm

» Good News - Watch ( VFIN , LFIN , CFIN, SAMP,LOFC)
by Harry82 Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » I will pay entire debt in one day අපි ගොඩ ද ?

I will pay entire debt in one day අපි ගොඩ ද ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
A successful businessman has launched a big propaganda to become the next president of Sri Lanka. He claims he can pay or settle entire external debt in one day. He has already bought a media network just for this project.

He disclosed very proudly - in his   youtube talk- that their inflow  for last year was 80 million USD.
Yes, all of us should salute for his success. (BTW Our foreign workers sent 7600 million USD last year. )

Then he explained how he is going to do it.
We are paying  5-6% interest for our Dollar loans.  There are many banks in the Europe with zero interest or just 1% interest.  Some are having (or charging) negative interest. That means they pay when we take loans from them.

He is going to reschedule all our existing loans to those banks and bring our huge interest payment to almost nil.
This is how he intends to save our land.

What do you think ?

Incidentally he (Mr. Pallewatta G. Rohan) is a close relative of our current President  (Pallewatta G.  Sirisena.  )

Yahapalanaya

Vice President - Equity Analytics
He is talking about his hard earned money Koatiya 1200 SL rupees(12,000Million).He is bringing $$$ to Srilanka not robing people's money.

He has every right to contest election.

Whenever genuine person come for election Baiyo tarnish his name and try to destroy him like what happened to our Field Marshall SF.

Chinwi

As usual no talking about the facts.

Typical Yahapalana behavior .

ranferdi

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
The possible contestants motive may be good, But we need to evaluate possibility, Sri Lanka total external debt is 46 billion USD, Can we have arrangement with European banks for such a huge amount?
Where is it possible to secure 2% rate for USDloans, As I know its about 4% 6%.
Someone please verity.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

Yahapalanaya

Fact

He is doing politics with his hard earned money since he is relative to current president.Thinkabout how MARA's relative did politics.

Let him to explain further in the money matter.It may not be achievable.But he is not a fraud.He is bringing 12,000M ruppees to Srilanka by hardworking.He has every right to canvass and contest in election.

ranferdi

@Yahapalanaya wrote:Fact

He is doing politics with his hard earned money since he is relative to current president.Thinkabout how MARA's relative did politics.

Let him to explain further in the money matter.It may not be achievable.But he is not a fraud.He is bringing 12,000M ruppees to Srilanka by hardworking.He has every right to canvass and contest in election.

Yes True... 
We need to encourage true gentlemen into politics..
Need to think out of the box and canvass more professionals into politics.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

zenobia

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
did you ever stop to think, if by some means he managed to pay debts he will own a sizable portion of this country's assets, who will we be, his debtors? what action will he use on people of this country to recover his money? think of the possibilities and it looks seriously scary

MasterD

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
I have seen his speeches 8 years back when I was in university and it was inspirational.
He will not pay Govt debt from his own money. HE will be using his contacts to pay that amount via a Japanese consortium(banks and other entities) and convert it to a loan of 2% to Japanese. There is no elimination of debt. We have to pay anyway. but the debt servicing cost(interest)  will be less. Then again the cost to be borne by our country for that benefit is less known. 
However he is a true gentlemen and a loves sri lanka

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Is he a real patriot to lessen the debt cost of the country. Methodology outlined is farsighted. But could be complex one.

Chinwi

A qualified person who has experience and knowledge with Govt debt arrangements should explain this to the public.

Is it possible to get or reschedule 1-2% interest loans for a country ?
What about credit ratings ?
If this is possible why can't our Govt. do it now ?

My personal view is, this is like a fairy tale.
A person who had an inflow of 80 million is talking about rescheduling 46,000 million.

samaritan

@MasterD wrote:I have seen his speeches 8 years back when I was in university and it was inspirational.
He will not pay Govt debt from his own money. HE will be using his contacts to pay that amount via a Japanese consortium(banks and other entities) and convert it to a loan of 2% to Japanese. There is no elimination of debt. We have to pay anyway. but the debt servicing cost(interest)  will be less. Then again the cost to be borne by our country for that benefit is less known. 
However he is a true gentlemen and a loves sri lanka
If so, as Chinwi has stated what's holding back the Govt of Sri Lanka from doing the same thing. You mean to say an individual is trusted more than the Govt of Sri Lanka???

In my opinion, as it is 20A to the constitution to postpone PC elections may not see the light of day. This may be a cheap publicity to reverse the growing unpopularity of the Govt in order to face the PC elections. A big carrot is being shown to the people. 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum