Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 10:17 pm

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:45 pm

» FOREIGN NEWS
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:41 pm

» Dealing by directors
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:35 pm

» CROSSINGS TODAY
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 8:59 pm

» #PM Crisis#
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 8:34 pm

» News Behind CTCE.N0000 Running?
by Agape Yesterday at 12:07 pm

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 10:35 am

» දුනාමි CSEC කැපිටල් එක 98% ජනශක්ති සමූහය මිලයට ගන්නෙත් BFN ගනුදෙනුව ස්තිරවම වෙන නිසා කියලයි තතු දත්තෝ කියන්නේ
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:22 am

» FOR all the BFN/CFVF/JINS Promoters
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 8:25 am

» HDFC is the luckiest bank!
by easthetic Yesterday at 7:47 am

» GOOD COUNTERS AT THE MOMENT
by sanjulanka Yesterday at 6:49 am

» CTCE and JINS
by Agape Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:36 pm

» Asia Asset Finance announces Rs. 425 mn IPO
by Chillr_25 Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:48 pm

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:25 pm

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by sheildskye Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 pm

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:03 am

» @RANFERDI, YAhapalan, In which list are you? Puravesi Lithro List, or Kiriella List or other list
by ruwan326 Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am

» Keep eye on ASIY
by ruwan326 Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:23 am

» BFN ගනු දෙනුව වෙනවා ..
by Equity Suda Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 am

» BFN - JINS - UBC - අද මෙම කොටස් හුවමාරු වුනු ප්‍රමාණ සහ ආකාරය බලන්න
by ruwan326 Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 am

» Confidence is every part of trading.
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:34 pm

» අනං## මනං ##
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 pm

» DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS- OCT/NOV
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 pm

» JINS - BFN DELAS 100% SURE මතකද . ජනශක්ති GENERAL සමාගම වික්ක හැටි - එක පාරටම
by sanjulanka Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:12 pm

» UAL artifically pushed up - beware!
by nosf766 Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:20 pm

» රැවටෙන්න එපා ..විකුන්නන එපා ..ණයට ගන්න එපා .BFN - JINS එකතු කරන්නා හෙට දිනනනවා
by sanjulanka Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:09 am

» NDB declared ‘Bank of the Year’ by The Banker, UK
by ruwan326 Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » How to find lost CDS account number

How to find lost CDS account number

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to find lost CDS account number on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:47 pm

tompapa

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
I already have some shares brought more than decade ago, however lost the track of it sometimes back. I was told that they converted all the share certificates to CDS and I should have a CDS number already assigned.
Is that true.... if that's the case, is there anyway to find it...

Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : salutation removed)

2 Re: How to find lost CDS account number on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
according to my understanding u must be having the share certificates with you, and it will not be automatically converted to you, as per the requirement you have to convert all the shares in the certificate form to cds, for which 1st you have to open a cds account through one of the broker form, and if you lost the share certificates but if you know the companies in which you invested then you contact the company secretary and they will be do the needful, i think by the dividend warrants, annual reports, by notice of meetings you will be able to catch the shares u have, but if you lost the share certificates and can't remember the name of the companies you invested i don't know the process

3 Re: How to find lost CDS account number on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:25 pm

aladdin

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Gaja wrote:according to my understanding u must be having the share certificates with you, and it will not be automatically converted to you, as per the requirement you have to convert all the shares in the certificate form to cds, for which 1st you have to open a cds account through one of the broker form, and if you lost the share certificates but if you know the companies in which you invested then you contact the company secretary and they will be do the needful, i think by the dividend warrants, annual reports, by notice of meetings you will be able to catch the shares u have, but if you lost the share certificates and can't remember the name of the companies you invested i don't know the process

If you have lost the share certificates you can prove it to the share issuing company and get a new certificate. Before getting the new one you have to put three paper articles in all the languages saying that you have lost such and will be obtaining a new. I think this will be done by the company and you have to bare the cost of it. I am not sure about the exsact process. But for sure you will have to go for paper adds such as when changing your own name or when opening a new company.

Next is, if you know the broker you can always get your cds number since it is always the brokering firm code followed by your national ID card number.

As some one told above, shres wont be automatically converted to ta cds account unless you have requested in the IPO with a cds account number. If no cds account number is provided you get the certs and you need to fill a set of forms and send it along with the cert to the CDS though you broker. This process normally takes 3 working days.

4 Re: How to find lost CDS account number on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:35 pm

tompapa

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Another question ..(may be a dump one..sorry)
my NIC number is 9 numbers and one letter (total 10 digits)
IPO application has 16 digit space for the CDS number; (3digits + 9 digits + 2 digits + 2 digits )
How does the CDS constitute brokering firm code followed by the NIC number.
Can you please give me a example of CDS number..

Just trying to guess my CDS number, so I can apply for upcoming IPO... may be a long shot.
Thanks in advance,

5 Re: How to find lost CDS account number on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Gaja

if it is Asha Phillip MSB-XXXXXXXXX-VN-00 msb refer the brokers code, then nine digits and VN or XN is based on ur ID letter 00 if single account

Still my question is do you have a CDS account?

6 Re: How to find lost CDS account number on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:31 pm

tompapa

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
I don't have a CDS account. I am thinking to apply tomorrow for a CDS account.
Then forward the application to IPO with the guessed CDS number.... hopefully CDS account will be created in few days (by the time they finalized the IPO distribution).
Worst thing that could happen is blocking my money for a month...
Thanks
Tom

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum