Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP SOON
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 8:47 pm

» Need Healp
by Imanka.Amarakoon Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» SL has negative outlook as of January 2018 - Moody’s
by ranferdi Yesterday at 12:22 pm

» Tea Auction -Jan -18
by wisdom Yesterday at 11:41 am

» Political instability???
by Yahapalanaya Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm

» Wiser's TA Chart Room
by wiser Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka’s USD500mn development bond oversubscribed
by ranferdi Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 pm

» CITH AMALGAMATION....
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:26 pm

» Don't Go to LB Finance...LEE BONNA FINANCE...
by venura Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 pm

» HVA getting ready once more
by anjelo Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:23 pm

» BERU.N0000
by lakmal87 Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 pm

» sira.......2.40/=
by TuTanKaman Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:32 pm

» TIME TO BUY KZOO.........
by max shanu Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 pm

» RAL.N at Rs2.40
by lakmal87 Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 am

» ONLY GOODNESS OF YAHAJADAAPLANAS
by Ryan Hudson Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:50 am

» Pan asia power PAP
by Ran49 Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 am

» Lanka Cement
by Ran49 Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:09 am

» CTBL-Rights
by ruwan326 Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:57 am

» US revamps travel warning system; SL gets an okay
by TraderCSE Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 am

» What do you expect in CSE performance prior to LOCAL GOVT.ELECTIONS?
by ONTHEMONEY Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:35 am

» best stocks to buy now
by ranferdi Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 am

» FATAL ATTRACTION??????????
by samaritan Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:13 am

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by 2017 Cse Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 pm

» Treasury posts Rs22bn primary surplus in Budget, first time in 63 years
by kovida Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:23 pm

» UNION BANK (UBC)
by peiris Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:42 pm

HashFlare

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Charts & Graphs » Electricity down by 25% bad for power companies

Electricity down by 25% bad for power companies

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dineshfernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
The reduction in electricity charges by 25% would result in dip in revenues for the power companies.

This will not happen immediately since there may be an agreement between the CEB and the power generating companies but this will happen soon.

CEB won't pay a premium price for electricity for too long if they can not recover from customers.

We may see price drops in VPEL, VLL, PAP and other power generating companies.

lasantha11111


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
LIOC labath adu wei nedaaaaa

Sarabulathwita

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Their cost will also reduced. reduction in revrenue set off. Am I correct ????

NZ BOY

avatar
Moderator
it s not a big impact for LIOC  world oil price down and people thing UBS deal@15.30 and comedown further poor retailers sold their quantity @21-20 .but now UBC tarding @23.50 UBC will be 4 th largest bank .This will be a future GEM surely

Sarabulathwita

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

rangananwr

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
LIOC will come down little bit more my level 42..

schemer


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
this price reduction is not sustainable. very soon ceb and petroleumm corp will run in to grave trouble. that mean all of us will be in more trouble. though we rejoicing about price  reduction I think it is not sustainable .very soon after the elections it may be reversed.

already both institutions are running at big losses.

is this an  election bribe?

we need good governance.

Sarabulathwita

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@lasantha11111 wrote:LIOC labath adu wei nedaaaaa

badu banis macho, but it will recover

Sarabulathwita

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@schemer wrote:this price reduction is not sustainable. very soon ceb and petroleumm corp will run in to grave trouble. that mean all of us will be in  more trouble. though we rejoicing about price  reduction I think it is not sustainable .very soon after the elections it may be reversed.

already both institutions are running at big losses.

is this an  election bribe?

we need good governance.

menna kollo, top kollo

Fantasic analysis. That is perfectly correct. Ape moda minissu owata rawatenawane appa

Eng Krishantha

avatar
Expert
Expert
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@lasantha11111 wrote:LIOC labath adu wei nedaaaaa

badu banis macho, but it will recover

Don't be worry.. be happy... it will be okkkkk...
cheers cheers cheers

market maxx


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
i think some times it may be further down bcoz there is a smell of presidential election in January next year.
but i cant understand why PAP or VPEL make losses on that decisions. cost of unit from coal plant is much higher than hydro power. also they have agreements with CEB and it will not change due to reduction of electricity bill. am i right?

Octopus

avatar
Expert
Expert
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@schemer wrote:this price reduction is not sustainable. very soon ceb and petroleumm corp will run in to grave trouble. that mean all of us will be in  more trouble. though we rejoicing about price  reduction I think it is not sustainable .very soon after the elections it may be reversed.

already both institutions are running at big losses.

is this an  election bribe?

we need good governance.

menna kollo, top kollo

Fantasic analysis. That is perfectly correct. Ape moda minissu owata rawatenawane appa


sarabulathwita, Mahinda is the best.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum